Independence Day of the United States is annually celebrated on July 4 and it is often known as “the Fourth of July“.
So if you happen to be in Rome or you live here and want to celebrate- we only have 3 days left!- there are a few things to do: even if you are not from US!
- The American University in Rome “will open their doors to the world”. Everyone can go and be ‘honorary American’ for the evening. Music, cold beers, BBQ and line-dancing for a very special night. Tickets can be purchased at this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/join-us-for-our-4th-of-july-celebration-at-the-american-university-of-rome-tickets-25941189797
- The American International Club of Rome (AICR) and its annual Independence Day Celebration will take place at the Acquedotto Romano Polo Club on Saturday 2nd July. Unfortunately tickets for the party are not available anymore, but you can still buy the ones for the raffle: http://www.aicrome.org/independence-day-celebration-2016-raffle-prizes/
- The Independance Day Boat Party is open to everyone. Music, drinks and pizza buffet: reservations are strongly recommended. For all the details, please check this link: http://romesultimate.com/independence-day-in-rome/
- If you prefer going out for dinner, you can choose the Hard Rock Café celebrations and special menu or some American restaurants like Fonzie tHe Burger House or T-bone station.
- Would you like to spend this day with a pic-nic in the park? You can go to Villa Torlonia, near to Tiburtina Rail Station; Villa Borghese, near to Piazza del Popolo or Villa Doria Pamphili, behind Trastevere.
- Here you also find some more suggestions. But if you want to celebrate on your own, you also have the opportunity to enjoy the city discovering its best romantic places or having a nice walk along the Ancient Appian Way.
Happy 4th of July, whatever you choose to do!